Thursday, May 30, 2013

Am I the observer or the observation?

I am getting used to this observation practice. Every time I feel excited, depressed, angry, proud or hopeful, an alarm goes off inside me. I don't resist any of the drama inside, I just watch it silently and it melts away. Though I wonder which part of me plays the drama and which one observes? And which part of me is now analyzing that situation? 

It is common to believe that the mind, sometimes also referred to as the ego, is separate from the soul and the physical body. But my recent experience has put a question to that belief. I've begin to realize that the division between mind, body and soul is not so clear.

Sometimes, two clear voices inside me argue over a concept. There's something in me observes the flow of thoughts and emotions, and passes running comments inside as it does so. When I sense the joy of a hot shower - I do not know if it is the body or the mind that savors the sweetness of the experience? Where does the sensory perception end and the mind begin? Where do emotions live and how do they interact with the thoughts? How does the self distinguish from the ego? I feel that if I split myself into a million parts, I can still not crack the maze that 'I am'.

I am intrigued to hear JK mention, "The Observer is the Observed". I hope to see for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment