Friday, June 27, 2014

The blind chase


This is what I see in the world around me. All our lives we are expected to chase the pinnacle for the best possible view, turning our backs to beauty that surrounds us all the while.
Most people keep going. Hallucinated with what's coming next, they never question this race. They just keep going. Sometimes gasping for oxygen. Sometimes carrying more weight on their shoulders than they would have been comfortable with. Feeling gratitude for not being at the lowest point of the rock. Seeking joy from the sight of co-travellers well beneath them. Cursing themselves for not being as fast as the ones above. Occasionally they look behind and realize that world is after all a wonderful place. Assuming that the sunrise is so breathtaking because this view is from a height.

In this crowd of climbers, I am a lost being. When did I ever get here? I don't aspire to reach the top. I never built the endurance to continue this obligatory race or pursue a meaningless fancy. But I cannot stop as that would be a burden to those who I am tied to. And I can't let go of everything to gaze forever at the creative genius around me; that would be a suicide.

Surely life as I know it will continue to feel like a blind chase. Unless I transcend to newer dimensions and transform my current perspective fundamentally. Well, that's another fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment